January 12 is National Pharmacist Day! Pharmacists play a vital role in your health care and do so much to make sure you are healthy and well taken care of. Do you know a pharmacist? Here are 10 reasons why you should thank your pharmacist today!
- They give their patients advice on what medications to take over-the-counter and how to take their prescribed medications.
- They monitor the medications you are taking to make sure nothing will interfere with your other medications or supplements, keeping you safe!
- Pharmacists improve medication adherence, meaning they make you more likely to stick to your medical plan.
- They go the extra mile for their patients. They will stay late if someone needs help and local pharmacists can try and set up payment plans.
- You don’t need an appointment to talk to your pharmacist!
- Pharmacists work in your local pharmacy, hospitals, and more! If you visit a medical facility chances are a pharmacist helped some time in your interaction!
- Pharmacists are medicine experts!
- They help you know how to take your medication, whether you don’t know what “twice daily” means, don’t know how to use your inhaler, or have a new insulin!
- They can help with lots of medicine-related questions, such as where to get a flu shot, how to dispose of old medication, and why you are taking a certain medication!
- Their work is often behind the scenes, so they don’t get thanked for their service, advice and care often.
At Five Star ER, having an on-site pharmacy means less waiting so you can get in and out FAST. It’s one of our many on-site services, like digital imaging technologies and on-site labs, available at all four of our locations!
– – – – – – – – – –
About Five Star ER
Five Star ER is owned and operated by the physicians of US Acute Care Solutions, a respected provider of emergency physician services to hospitals and health systems across Texas for nearly 30 years. Our experienced physicians bring their excellent tradition of emergency care to a first-class, patient-centered freestanding ER.
Our patient-centered care means you will come first. Our freestanding ER provides the capabilities of a hospital emergency department, without the hassles and long waits that can be part of a hospital ER. From the comfortable lounge area and private exam rooms to our top-notch medical team and latest technology, patients can be door-to-doctor in less than 15 minutes.
This content was created to be purely educational in nature. This post is not meant to be used as a substitute for medical treatment or personal consultation regarding a medical condition. As always, if you or a loved one is suffering a life-threatening medical emergency or injury, call 911.